Hey everyone! I’m winging my way across the country this week but I can’t hold back my excitement to be coming to Phoenix the week of Feb 22 for SQL Saturday Phoenix!
I’m coming with a number of my Pragmatic Works peers. Some like Ginger and Alan are presenting with me during our precon. I can’t wait! Our precon is all about creating your future data warehouse platform. From SQLSaturday’s site:
” We’ll examine the problems and solutions facing the modern data warehouse. We’ll look at how to balance data loading and computing processes with the needs for the platform. Looking at how to work with both structured and unstructured data and when to continue to leverage relational databases versus file-base solutions, such as Hadoop. From on-premise to appliance to cloud solutions, this session will examine how to select the right fit for the right solution. We’ll also discuss how to augment these solutions with Big Data and Cloud technologies including automating those (and giving you the scripts to do so ) and adding common analytic data sources such as social media. At the end of the day, you will understand what is possible in the modern data warehouse and how to architect solutions fitting your company.”
This will be a jam packed day and the schedule for Saturday’s main event is packed with quality sessions and speakers such as:
- SSIS Tuning Tips and Tricks – Ginger Grant
- Dimensional Modeling Design PAtterns – Jason Horner (MCM)
- On Demand Compute with Azure and Powershell – Adam er.. Me
- Azure Data factory – Data Integration in the Cloud – Josh Luedeman
- BI DBA Performance Tuning – Bradley Ball
- Predicitng the future with Azure MAchine Learning – Ginger Grant
- SSAS Multidimensional vs. Tabular – Alan Faulkner
- SQL Server filesystem – Roger Wolter
Make sure to sign up for precons before they fill up. What a great value for a full day of training from all the great speakers lined up!. If you come to ours then please bring your current challenges so we can make sure we get a chance to solve them with you!
– See you out there! Adam J